In 2012 we published our first book, Shotgun Honey Presents: Both Barrels, an anthology featuring 29 tales of crime from authors like Frank Bill, Chris F. Holm, and Kieron Shea. We continued with two additional volumes in 2013 and 2015, Reloaded and Locked and Loaded. All three were general crime, noir and mystery compilations. All three are still in circulation and are a good indicator of the kinds of stories we like.
In late 2019, we’re going to do it again and are actively looking for submissions for Shotgun Honey Presents Volume 4, yet to be titled.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday March 31, 2019.
Please consider and follow our guidelines
- No Simultaneous Submission1
- No Multiple Submissions2
- Word count must be between 1000 and 5000 words.
- Genre is Crime, Noir, or Hard-boiled3
- No content that could be deemed as condoning or promoting:
- sexual abuse
- child abuse
- animal abuse
- No romance, fetish, or pornographic fiction
- Shotgun Honey Presents pays a token payment of $25 upon publication.
- All fiction published by Shotgun Honey is the copyright of the author.
- If you do submit a story to multiple markets please let us know in advance, and if your story has been picked up elsewhere let us know as soon as possible. We attempt to read and review submissions within 2-4 weeks of receipt.
- Submit only one story at a time. You may submit a new story as soon as your current submission is either accepted or rejected.
- We are not looking for any mob or crime syndicate related stories. We love stories about regular Joes put into hard situations, whether as criminals by necessity or victims of crimes.