I hope you’ve been saving your pennies, because today is the day. Today Shotgun Honey Presents: Both Barrels launches officially! I say officially because some of you discovered that the trade paperback has been available since the weekend, kicking our sales off to an early start.
Shotgun Honey Presents: Both Barrels features 29 tales of crime from 29 talented voices. Some who we’ve published and some who we had incriminating evidence on. Every story well worth the price of admission. We’ve got a little bit of everything with stories about abusive spouses, down on their luck gamblers, ill-fated drug deals and even some cyborg lesbian vampires thrown in for good measure.
And who brought you this range of stories?
- Andrew Nette – King Tut’s Tomb
- Cameron Ashley – The Blonde Chimera
- Chris Holm – Not Forgotten
- Dan O’Shea – Father’s Day
- Frank Bill – The Jade Bounty
- Frank Wheeler Jr. – Tapdancing for Idiots
- Garnett Elliott – Chicken Soup for the Hole
- Glenn Gray – Intubation
- Hector Acosta – Jueves
- Holly West – Regrets Only
- Jen Conley – Escape
- Jim Wilsky – Traffick
- Joe Myers – Cold Read
- Julia Madeleine – Rage
- Keith Rawson – 2 Kilograms of Soul
- Kieran Shea – The Judgement of Roland J. Monroe
- Matthew C. Funk – Lovely Men
- Michael Oliveri – The Wrench in Her Works
- Naomi Johnson – Hero
- Nigel Bird – Rhythm of Life
- Nik Korpon – The Owls
- Patti Abbott – How to Launder a Shirt
- Paul D. Brazill – Gareth and Fiona Go Abroad
- Peter Farris – Cut. Copy. Paste. Delete
- Ray Banks – The Warmest Room
- Steve Weddle – The Awakening: From the Cyborg Lesbian Vampire Chronicles
- Thomas Pluck – Train: A Denny the Dent Story
- Tom Pitts – Luck
- Trey R. Barker – A Good Boy
The book also features the new Honey logo, which will making its way into the design of our site, and will be part of the branding of future projects published under Shotgun Honey Books. It’s time to retire Ms. Christina Lindberg and the use of the iconic Thriller: A Cruel Picture material.
Are you ready to buy the book?
We are excited to produce this first book, and hope there will be future volumes. That will depend on your support, so if you enjoy what we’re doing with the site and would like to support us and support our authors, jump out there and blog, tweet, tumble, facebook about the book. Whatever you want to do, we appreciate it.
Thank you to all of our regular readers, our editors and the contributors. Together we made Shotgun Honey Presents: Both Barrels possible, so go buy a book already.